What We Believe
God is the sovereign Creator and Ruler of the universe.
Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the only Savior and Lord of man.
The Holy Spirit is the initiator and enabler for the Christian life.
The Bible is the infallible Word of God, the only rule of faith and practice and without error in all that it teaches.
Salvation is by God’s grace, freely given through faith and not earned by any merit of man.
Redeemer Presbyterian Church is a conservative, evangelical church, Reformed in doctrine and Presbyterian in government.
We hold to the Westminster Standards as a faithful statement of biblical teaching.
What We Value
1. Worship - We want to make the greatness of God known by loving and obeying him in all of life; when we meet together for congregational worship we use a blended style of worship that acknowledges the variety of people and preferences within the church family. Romans 12:1-2; I Corinthians 10:31
2. Biblical Teaching - We believe the Word of God is sufficient and authoritative for all of life. We study it carefully to understand the Holy Spirit’s original meaning and purpose, and we work to apply it to the lives and problems of people. 2 Peter 1:3 and following (ff); 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Timothy 2:15
3. Evangelism - Christ commanded his disciples to make disciples of every nation, so we explain the gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost, seeking to win them, bring them into the church and teach them God’s Word. Evangelism also includes showing the love of Christ to unbelievers by being friends to them and serving them; and supporting and sending missionaries to other countries. Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 8:1-8; Philippians 1:12ff
4. Pastoral Care - God calls elders to shepherd His flock, so we work to provide pastoral care for all the people of Redeemer Church. This care includes building relationships, preaching, teaching, counseling, administering the sacraments, and exercising church discipline. Acts 20:20ff; I Peter 5:1-4
5. Biblical Community - God designed the church to be a community, so we encourage people to spend time helping and encouraging one another, and using their gifts to help in the work of ministry. Mark 9:50; John 13:34; Romans 12:5; Romans 12:10; Ephesians 4:12-16
6. Christ-likeness - Our goal is to become like Jesus Christ in character and lifestyle, so we encourage each other to work hard at Christ-likeness (totally depending on God’s grace to do so). Matthew 5:1-12; Colossians 1:28; Ephesians 4:11-16; Hebrews 12:14
7. Service - God has given every member gifts (talents and skills), so we make it our goal to equip and encourage every member to use these gifts to serve God and others. Ephesians 4:11-16
8. Strong Families - God works through families to prepare future generations to know, love, and serve Him, so Redeemer Church works hard to strengthen family relationships at every level: marriage, parenting, young people and singles. Genesis 2:18-25; Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Ephesians 5:22-33; 6:1-4; Colossians 3:18-21